After commissioning in 1954, JSC Podolsk Chemical and Metallurgical Plant begins to produce raw materials for titanium and titanium sponge. A few years later the plant was redesigned to produce monocrystalline silicon only.
In 2004 the plant is focused on foreign consumers, resulting in top three in terms of silicon production for solar energy, taking 15% of the world’s silicon production. However due to the crisis in the industry, JSC PCMP is forced to suspend the manufacturing of silicon ingots and wafers.
On the 28th of May 2013, the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 449 “On the mechanism of stimulating the use of renewable energy sources in the wholesale electricity and capacity market will come into force for the implementation of the project of the construction and commissioning of new generating capacities of “Green Energy”.
Localization level reaches 50%. In this regard, a strategic decision on the construction of a plant for the manufacturing of silicon ingots and wafers in the Russian Federation was made. Investors bought part of the territory of JSC PCMP and the reconstruction of buildings and structures began. The company launches production of monocrystalline and multicrystalline silicon wafers with a capacity of 160 mW per year.
The program of modernization and increase of reliability of production is successfully realized. The production of monocrystalline and multicrystalline silicon ingots and wafers continues, the geography of construction of new solar power plants using PV modules produced by Solar Silicon technology, LLC spreads out.